Here is a blog that I thought I was going to do after Keira was born. As you can see it just wasn't my thing. Having recent events change drastically in our lives I feel this will be a good way to write the updates so loved ones can look and read and know what is going on. We have various friends and loved ones all over and trying to remember who we have kept in the loop and who wasn't told the latest news is really hard. We love to talk to you and want each of you to know what is going on but we need some sanity in it all. PLEASE don't think that because we are doing this we don't want to hear from you. Quite the contrary we need our loved ones with us.
From the begining...
Keira first got sick in December ran a fever for 10 days during which we had her addmitted to the hospital. To top it all off she spent Christmas eve and most of Christmas day in the hospital. Not exactly where you want to be during that time. All they found was anemia (low iron) and high inflammation. Both typical signs when someone has been fighting something. No real news.
March 26th she started with a high fever again. We went to the Dr. on the 3rd day. Then again on the 5th day. A course of antibiotics were given. Nothing significant changed. On the 8th day of being on the antibiotics her fever came down. We had 4 days fever free then about a week of straight fever. Then 3 days off. I had broken a tooth and Keira needed a filling. So we went to our dentist in Utah. The second day of being there her fever came back and we have been fighting it ever since. That is at least 2 weeks of fevers. While in Utah I just couldn't take the pull to my heart any longer and called her doctor and sobbed I told her I couldn't take it any longer and the sit and wait for authorization to see a specialist wasn't working. She took it upon herself to make some calls and that Saturday we went in to see Dr. Gibbs an Immunologist/ Allergist. During our 2 hour visit he was able to observe her go through her cycle. Starting at 98.0 being somewhat perky happy lively little girl to extremely OUT OF IT crashed on his exam table with a fever of 103.5 We left Monday moring to get all the lab and x-rays done. It took from 8 until 2 in the afternoon to get it all done. One thing after another came up!
During this time Keira was AMAZING, never complaining and ALWAYS so brave!
Last Thursday we had a conference call with Dr. Gibbs my husband and myself. During which we were told her ANA levels were high 1.6 normal is 1.2 to 1.4 And antother test showed she had high levels of inflammation in her body. This test in the hospital was 10 now it was 12. Unlike most doctors who are aftaid to say anyting unless they KNOW for sure he gave us his thoughts and said he wasn't a specialist but would refer us to 2 different ones to confirm. His thoughts were Lupus and Crons Disease. A lot of tears and internet seaching has occured since then. Oh my sweet baby my heart is so broken. I know I have to show her my strong happy confident self but I am so scared. Our nights since this has all began has parralleled that of bringing home a newborn. We are up every 2-3 hours to check her fever. Even with Motrin she will spike out of no where. That is what happened last night at it got to its highest yet 105.4. SUPER SCAREY.
Monday, May 03, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
Holly, Thank you so much for keeping us informed! I remember seeing you after Christmas outside of Costco you telling us about the 10-day fever! We will keep you in our prayers!
Oh Holly. I had no idea this was going on still. If there is anything I can do... please let me know. Even if you just need a listening ear.. You are definitely in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong and know that your friends and family are with you.
Oh Holly, I had no idea you were still battling her fever. My heart goes out to you a darling Keira. You are in our prayers. Please let me know if there's anything you need.
Holly and Ben, you are wonderful parents of that little girl and she is so blessed to have you. You're taking great care of her. I can't imagine what you're going through with the "what if's". You have an amazing Heavenly Father on your side to lead, guide, comfort and sustain you in all that you do as parents. Let me know what I can do to help. I love you guys and I loved the trip we were able to take together - you have a strong testimony!
Hang in there Holly! We'll pray that the doctors can find out exactly what's wrong and how best to treat it. Love ya.
Oh Holly! Thank you for letting us know. Miss Keira will be tucked into our prayers from now on. We send our love and I will be bugging you soon.
Oh Holly - I had no idea this was still happening. Your entire family is in our prayers and we pray and hope the best for Keira. Please let us know if there is anything more we can do!
I am so sorry Holly!! Thank you for the update. I'll add you to our prayers!
Like everyone else, thanks for letting me know. If you need any help, I'm not far. We'll keep ya'll in our prayers.
Much love and prayers your way.
Holly, I'm so sorry to hear of what you all have been going through! Poor little Kiera! she is such a sweet-
heart! I was so impressed with her when I first met her at our Pres. Mtg. Please let me know what I can do! I will be praying for you all every day!
Oh holly I had no idea. Poor little keira. I'm always thinking of you and will pray for you and your family. call me anytime. I may live far away but am just a phone call away.
Our family will keep you in mind and heart.
You are stronger than you know, so is Keira. If this is your trial right now the Lord has already prepared a way through it. I am certain you will find the peace you need, even as the storm rages. Hang on to the small feelings, the gentle teaching, the moments where Heaven seems a bit closer. We are here for you.
Post a Comment