Tuesday early in the morning we went in for the CT scan. Originally they had wanted to have her under anesthesia for the test. But upon further questioning we found out the test involved her holding still for 45 seconds and that was it. We opted to for go the anesthesia and talk her through it. The technician that worked with her was GREAT. They laid her on the table wrapped her from her chest to her ankles (like a mermaid). Then the icky part. They decided that they wanted to do one picture with contrast dye in the veins. That meant she needed to have a line put in. After the hospital incident in December, ( where she was poked 9 times and Ben, sweet Ben, threw them all out and told them to get the numbing cream and wait the 45 minutes.), she HATES needles. Even if we have the numbing cream it still evokes quite a bit of anxiety. She did fine. I had to step out, being pregnant, and Ben got to hold her hand and walk her through the exam.Later that day we got a CRAZY incomplete message from the GI Dr. saying that it was apparent she has some bacteria or infection in her Left Kidney and we then needed to get a hold of her pediatrician to get a UTI test and more urine testing. But in addition she wasn't eliminating all of her bowl and she was still quite backed up. So the plan that we were on wasn't working and we would have to come up with another plan. Oh then he ended by saying.... If you have any questions give me a call at...... (which goes to a fax line!!) Got to love EM! Grrr.
Thankfully I was able to convince my pediatrician to let us go to the lab here locally and do the sample there. Wednesday is my babysitting day in which I have 2 more small children to add to the collection... so imagine the sight of 2 one year olds in the double stroller and keira 3 and a half and another little guy of all most 3. As we walked in the lab we drew all sorts of attention. I actually saw jaws dropping. Instead of explaining I just claimed them all as my own. I get so much more entertainment by doing such and I would claim these little guys any day. So if anyone has tried to get a urine sample from a 3 year-old you know it is challenging. Well instead of the pee squirting out it trickled down so I couldn't find a good stream... needless to say I couldn't catch enough pee and we had to wait another 45 minutes for Keira to have to pee again!! It actually was quite hilarious. Keira's response was, "Mom you shouldn't have moved the cup around and you could have gotten more pee." The kids did remarkably well entertaining themselves in the lower lobby just killing time. The second attempt was more successful and we were then able to go home.
So now we wait.....
Tomorrow we go see the Hematologist... I swear we have seen so many specialists and still don't have a definite answer!!!
So now we wait.....
Tomorrow we go see the Hematologist... I swear we have seen so many specialists and still don't have a definite answer!!!
1 comment:
She is the cutest little girl! It sounds like she is handling everything really well. Please call me if you need anything, besides pee catching! I have a hard time catching my own pee at my appointments!!
Post a Comment